Elder Jacob Higginson - Washington, Federal Way Mission

Thursday, November 12, 2015

First Email From Washington!!


(Sent by Jacob Wednesday afternoon (11/11/15)...just after getting to his first assignment)
 
HEY EVERYONE! So its not my P-day, but my Mission President (President Robert Eaton) is letting me email my parents to let them know I got to my mission safely!
 
President and Sister Eaton are so awesome you have no idea! Such nice people and they really like me so far!
 
Got my trainer! His name is Elder Graham, he's so awesome! He's like the most obedient, hard working missionary ever! But he's very humble and nice too, so I like him!
 
Knocked on a few doors yesterday, it was kinda scary but Elder Graham is really good at starting conversations with everyone!
 
Our apartment is really nice, he says it's the nicest one he's had his whole mission! We just got done grocery shopping, we got some good stuff! Like Ramen, frozen chicken, fruity pebbles, fruits and veggies, just that kind of solid stuff!
 
It's so nice out here! Everything is really green and healthy looking and the sky is always nice and gray, I love it!
 
Our whole mission has a goal of 40 baptisms in the month of November, and we've all promised to pray for it in every prayer! And I mean EVERY prayer! We're hoping that as all of us pray so hard for it that it'll happen.
 
I'm so happy to finally be out here working! I know you're all praying for me and you have no idea how much that means to me. Whenever I'm feeling down or discouraged I just remember how much love and support have from home and it helps me feel motivated and eager to serve!
 
I love you all so much!
 
-Elder Jacob Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment